Friday, October 30, 2009

halloween word search


It is raining. Like, Biblically. I’m not sure when it started. I know it had already started when I was on my way to work this morning. It was raining at lunch when I walked outside. It was raining as I drove across town to meet my family for dinner. It was raining hard as we left the restaurant. As we drove to my mother’s to visit following dinner.

As we drove home. And now, 16 hours later, it is still raining as my wife slowly invades my side of the bed. This is no Shermanesque land grab, mind you. No raping, pillaging, burning. This is measured and methodical, but make no mistake. If I don’t hurry the hell up with this post, I’ll be finishing with one cheek on the precipice of disaster.

It’s supposed to rain all day tomorrow as well. Little Rock is closing in on 70” of rain, and 2009 is already on record as the 7th Wettest Year on Record. And we’re not even to November.

So Stephanie and I will take off for Fayetteville tomorrow. In the rain. Because Saturday is homecoming for the University of Arkansas. The Razorbacks are playing Eastern Michigan University. On Halloween. In the cold. After a flood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

age calculator

Date  Month  Year





You have been living for:
In months:
In days:
In hours:
In minutes:
Your next birthday will be in:
   H