Monday, October 26, 2009

yankees world series

Yankees win the pennant, face Phillies in World Series

New York - It's an Amtrak World Series – the New York Yankees against the Philadelphia Phillies.

New York, Oct 26: The New York Yankees, finally cashed in with their first pennant in six years on Sunday night, beating the Los Angeles Angels 5-2 in Game 6 of the AL championship series behind the arrogant pitching of Andy Pettitte.

Now, New York face defending champion Philadelphia in the World Series opener on Wednesday night. Cliff Lee is expected to face ALCS MVP CC Sabathia in an enticing pitching matchup between former Cleveland teammates.

“That’s what you play for,” Rodriguez said. “In order to win a World Series, you have to get there first.” “I couldn’t be more excited,” he said. “I feel like a 10-year-old kid.”

“I feared that I wouldn’t be able to contribute, so I had a lot of limitations,” Rodriguez said about his previous playoff failures. “The whole year for me was about trusting my teammates and being one of the guys.”

“It’s really not a surprise that we are here. I hate to sound like that,” said Sabathia, signed along with fellow free agents Teixeira and A.J. Burnett in a whooping $423.5 million off-season spending spree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

age calculator

Date  Month  Year





You have been living for:
In months:
In days:
In hours:
In minutes:
Your next birthday will be in:
   H