Tuesday, January 26, 2010

city high


City High’s Robby struggles with alcoholism on A&E’s Intervention

Wow, tonight’s episode of Intervention on A&E revealed a sad blast from the past for fans of the R&B group City High. Group member Robby Pardio is shown chugging vodka and is then confronted by his family about his alcoholism.

Robby says that he went into a depression after his group member and girlfriend Claudette Ortiz left him and married City High partner Ryan Toby instead. And that was compounded by his failed music career.
Here’s some quotes…

“The music industry destroyed Robby. I gave the music industry a cub scout who was trained on Italian arias, and they gave me back, a drunk.” -Robby’s mother

“I buried Robby long ago, my children have a fictional character for an uncle. So I’m not hopeful, I’m not optimistic. I’m numb.” -Robby’s brother at the pre-intervention meeting

“When I was in labor, I had to call and get you out of the bar. You don’t realize how much that hurt me. I’ve had the burden of being both parents [to daughter Lyric]. We have a beautiful little girl that I’m prepared to raise by myself if you don’t get help.” -Robby’s girlfriend [the parts showing their relationship are so infuriating and pathetic]

No comments:

Post a Comment

age calculator

Date  Month  Year





You have been living for:
In months:
In days:
In hours:
In minutes:
Your next birthday will be in:
   H