Friday, January 1, 2010

happy new year 2010


Happy New Year 2010! My resolutions

Hope you all had a safe and and and happy celebration. Now's the time to set some resolutions (besides losing those extra pounds, the most borrrrrring pledge in the world). Here are a few of mine for 2010. I resolve to:
-- read at least one book from each of the continents. I'll even try for Antarctica, though its literary heritage is somewhat spotty. That should ensure that the whole year isn't spent re-reading the Twilight series.
-- read one book by Nobel Prize winner Herta Muller, to see what all the fuss is about. (I whiffed on this last year; two books by Le Clezio are still in my TBR pile.)
-- read at least one unread classic. (Yes, Nancy, that may mean that I finally get to "Pride and Prejudice.")
-- read every book assigned by my book club -- before the meeting. (If you're in a book club, that's harder than it sounds.)
There, I feel better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

age calculator

Date  Month  Year





You have been living for:
In months:
In days:
In hours:
In minutes:
Your next birthday will be in:
   H