Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Obama Birthday

Happy Birthday President Barack Obama!

No, don’t worry, I won’t sing “Happy Birthday”. I can not afford the royalty fees! But today is the 49th birthday of our president, Barack Hussein Obama. He is expected to be flying home to Chicago today for a birthday dinner with friends. He will also be stumping for Democrats, attending fundraisers and tomorrow Obama will visit another auto factory. But the big concern on my mind is what present to get for Barack Obama on his birthday?

Now, as you may surmise, given that I write for RightPundits, I am not a fan of Obama’s policies nor of his agenda, public and hidden. So what should I do to celebrate Barack Obama’s 49th birthday?

Send him a card? Too late for that! You know our postal service. I suppose I could send him an e-card, but given how busy he is creating jobs, fighting wars, focused on the oil spill and other note-worthy situations, would he really take the time to read an e-card from me? Probably not!

Do I buy him a gift? Even if it arrives late, I’m sure he’ll understand and accept it. So what does one get for the President of the U.S.? Well, my 1st thought would be… A NEW CAR! He sure seems to be spending a lot of time hanging out at automobile factories lately. Just look how happy he was sitting in the new Chevy Volt. You know, the car that can travel all of 40 miles before it’s batteries die.

I would consider that but A) they won’t be on the market for a while yet and B) even though the official price tag is $41,000, many dealers are charging over $60,000 for advanced orders. Besides, Obama is the president, and he never drives a car himself anyway.

Now, I have seen him ride bicycles. He appears to be a big bicycle fan. Obama even has a special wardrobe just for bike riding. His dress slacks, dress shoes, dress shirt. Obama also practices safety, too, wearing a stylish helmet to protect his head. After all, he is the Head of State! But something about seeing him ride around on his bicycle just makes him look too nerdy. Presidents should not look nerdy. How would Ahmadinejad react to a nerdy United States. president? He had probably give him, and America and her allies a hard time. So scratch any bicycle-related gifts.

Obama does seem to like ice cream a lot. Every time you see him someplace, whether it’s inspecting the oil spill clean up or just out and about, he’s always grabbing an ice cream. Either a cone or a bowl, even a shake. Since I don’t know what his favorite flavor is, maybe a gift certificate to a Baskin Robins would be a great gift idea? Yes? No! I suppose it would not. He’d have to hide it from Michelle because she’s never happy about people eating ice cream. Although I have seen her eat some herself. I wouldn’t want to get the President in trouble with his wife. I am sure he finds enough ways on his own, seeing how she’s in Spain on his birthday.

So what gift should i buy President Barack Obama on his 49th birthday? I have got it! A fly swatter! He can certain use that! Obama seems to be having a lot of trouble with flies. They are always buzzing around him, landing on his face, his mouth. I mean, it is kind of embarrassing don’t you think? Remember when he was giving a television interview and he swatted a fly with his bare hand? That was not very dignified! He really should use a fly swatter. I think that’s the perfect gift forPresident Barack Obama on his 49th birthday.

He’ll get a lot of use out of it and probably be very grateful for receiving one. I might even get a personal thank you note! I winder if they make a fly swatter with the presidential seal on it? That would be SO COOL!!! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

age calculator

Date  Month  Year





You have been living for:
In months:
In days:
In hours:
In minutes:
Your next birthday will be in:
   H